Cleaning and disinfecting your home with this natural disinfectant spray is a much safer alternative to the harsh chemicals and toxins found in commercial products. The scent in this spray is fresh and clean, you don’t mind using it!
It’s a powerful non-toxic cleaner that disinfects, deodorizes and sanitizes surfaces and can be used to freshen up fabrics. The disinfectant spray is very easy to make with only a few ingredients. Put some in a small spray bottle to take with you anywhere you need to disinfect something like a grocery cart or office phone.
Around your home you can use this disinfectant spray on kitchen counters and sinks, door knobs, light switches, cell phones, trash cans just about any hard surface you can think of. When disinfecting light switches or electronics, spray your cloth first then wipe your items.
What Do These Ingredients Do?
- grain alcohol or rubbing alcohol disinfects surfaces
- orange essential oil is antiviral and antiseptic
- rosemary essential oil is antimicrobial, antifungal, antibacterial
- eucalyptus oil is antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal
- lavender is antiviral, antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial
How’s that for a powerful cleaning punch!
You can use drinking alcohol but it has to be 140 proof or higher so its at least 70% alcohol. The grain alcohol Everclear is most commonly used because its 190 proof which makes it 95% alcohol. If you decide to use rubbing alcohol be aware it can damage painted and varnished surfaces so it’s best to spot test first.
Natural Disinfectant Spray Recipe
- 1 cup 70% grain alcohol OR rubbing alcohol
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 25 drops orange essential oil
- 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1 12 oz glass spray bottle
- Pour all ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Put on spray top and shake the bottle
Spray and wipe any surface that is frequently touched in your home or office. Shake frequently while cleaning to keep everything mixed.
This versatile cleaning spray can be used to disinfect a variety of household surfaces and appliances without any harsh smells. This spray dries quickly leaving a fresh scent behind. This is just one more natural cleaning product in your diy cleaning products bucket.